Think Before You Speak

Think before you speak (or act). I say this because I've had a recent experience about a stupid mistake a made and I did not even bother to think before I acted. When we do this we not only harm the other person, but we are also harming ourselves. We are showing them that we don't care about them, we are showing them that our thoughts are more important than theirs, which is NOT true.

No person is more important than the other, we are all equal. And when we act/speak in a way that degrades the persons self-confidence or their self-image we are telling them that we are better than them and that we deserve a higher respect, but we Don't.



My recent experience was awful on my part. I took my anger out on one of my most treasured friends, and I made them feel as if they did not matter because I did not get my way. Not only is that childish, it's also just plain rude. I had not thought through why I did that, and I had no reason to do so.

The point of this article is that I learned a very large lesson. I learned that everyone is equal, no matter what. And we should never act selfishly as I had. The way we treat people will one day reflect back on us, whether bad or good. So make it good. Learn to make life easier for the person and yourself by treating them like a king or queen. Learn to decipher whether that act or sentence will benefit them or hurt them.

Don't act as I did. Don't be selfish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wall Flower Experiment

Dare To Let Go

Take A Deep Breath