A Travelers Guide To Life- Part II

So I had a few requests to do another guide to life through my travels, so here goes.

[No Judging!]

So I've traveled quite a bit in my life, but mostly in the States. Well... Until this summer. My family loves to travel and go on adventures to new places and visit crazy cool historical sites, so I've had quite a bit of experience out of my small town. In the previous article I gave you three tips to help you enjoy your time wherever you are, and I've decided to add a few more to that wonderful list.

Ready?

4. Don't get so involved in your cell phone or things back home that it stops you from enjoying what's right in front of you. I've made this mistake many times before, and I've regretted it many times over. But this summer I had to leave my phone behind and it was the best thing I've ever done. Because of that I was able to experience everything around me, I didn't have to worry about who I was talking to at the time or if someone posted new pictures of themselves on Facebook. All I had was my iPod and my friends and mom. It was the best ever. The only time I even had contact with my friends or family at home was late at night at the hotel, and that was only if I had Wifi! Seriously the best experience I've been blessed with so far.


5. Don't shelter yourself from the fun times. You probably don't know what I mean by this so I'll explain it a bit more. After you've put your phone down for a while look around you. If you're with your family really try and include yourself in the conversations, interact with them. If you're alone and you have no friends (or you do) try and make new friends too! Really try to connect with them, whether that be on a deeper level or just making each other laugh, your choice.


6. Capture the Experience! I know you've probably heard this before, but seriously, do it. Take pictures of everything! Pictures are memories frozen in time, take advantage of that. Look for opportunities to take "selfies" and group pictures. When you look back on the experience you will be so happy you did. I know I am.

Guys, life is crazy, I know. But when we live in the moment we are able to appreciate it a ton more. Look around you. What do you see? Everyday is an adventure, take advantage of that. Capture the moments. Don't shelter yourself from the experience. And Don't let your life revolve around your phone.

Get out more. Experience more. You will never regret it. :)

I know I haven't.


"Life's a climb but the view's great." [Yes, I just quoted Hannah Montana, get over it.]


Comments

  1. Very nice! I am out doing this very thing now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your 4th piece of advice. Technology has immense power for good and bad. If we focus too much on the the things that don't matter we lose focus on the things that DO matter. Our time spent with others and the relationships we foster will be one of the few things that can last forever. I echo what you said, we must spend some time away from our devices and spend some time close to our friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wall Flower Experiment

Dare To Let Go

Take A Deep Breath