Exceed Expectations

So this has been on my mind a bit lately. What people think of me. Of us.

Of who they think we are. I feel like the human race depends too much on what people think of us, the negative part of us. They let people dictate who we are by believing something they say about us. I've had this happen way too often. I've had people tell me something they don't like about me, they give me their opinion on what they thought about something that I did, and I believe it. I believe that my choice that I made is who I am. This  might be a bit confusing, so I'll give you an example.

Say I got a low score on my math test, and I told my friend and he/she told me I'm not very smart and I begin to believe it.

But that's the thing. It isn't like that. It doesn't have to be like that. We aren't who people think we are. We can work harder to get that higher score. Or learn from that mistake. But we shouldn't let what people think we do affect us. We shouldn't base our life off of one mistake and then make that mistake again and again because someone expects that of us.

We need to exceed those expectations.

We need to show them that we aren't that type of person. We aren't the label they place on us. We are better than that label. We are stronger than what they say.

We are AMAZING.

And we need to believe that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wall Flower Experiment

Dare To Let Go

Take A Deep Breath