The Chase

[So this my first Vignette I've officially written, so don't judge me too harshly. Enjoy!]

The Chase

Peering around the corner I saw nothing. That alone was something to worry about. There's almost ALWAYS someone out there. Taking a deep breath, I made my decision. I'd go out there and look. I know this would be dangerous, but I also know that if I don't risk myself than someone else will get out, and I don't think I could live with myself if I knew that my friends would get hurt because of something I didn't do.

Looking around the corner one more time to make sure it was clear, I did a dive roll with my gun held against my chest, and just barely missing the shot fired at me as I scrambled to the other side. I took a another minute to catch my breath before diving out again, across the hall and into a doorway in which more shots were fired, and this time I was just barely out of range.

I took my compact mirror out of my purse and used it to see who was responsible for the near death shots towards me. But what I saw was what caught me off guard. Caterpillar eyebrows protruding over beady dark eyes searched from side to side, looking for my exact location. I hastily pulled my compact back towards me, checking my hair real quick, then placed it back in my purse and evaluated my next move.
Finally deciding on a plan, I made my first move. Opening the door I made my way around the free-standing wall, but not before checking to make sure of every possible angle someone could shoot me. Seeing it was clear, I took the risk. As I bolted to my next target I could hear the click of the triggers being pulled all around me.

I continued to hear the cries of fallen friends as I dashed around the corner of my next cover. Slowly walking around the next corner I sighed in defeat when I realized that the Eyebrows had pinned me.

“Wait, don’t shoot.” I said, putting my hands up in mock defeat. “Trust me, I’m not the enemy here. Did you  not just see those men fall down at the hands of the Red? We’re on the same team here, buddy. And if you let me go we can beat their sorry butts together.” I could see him waver just a bit, which was just enough. I took this last chance to raise my gun and aim. The last thing I heard was the zap of my laser hitting his plastic chest plate.

Not a second later the lights came on and a voice emulated throughout the room stating “Game Over.” Smiling, I helped the older man up and was congratulated with a high five from him, and several of my friends that now drew close to me.

Best laser tag game ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wall Flower Experiment

Dare To Let Go

Take A Deep Breath